Thursday, July 21, 2005

Cursing cursed curses

I must be cursed.

Yesterday was the seventeenth installment of our biweekly little homegame tournament of NL Texas Holdem. I've been at every one of them (since I'm the one who has a chip case and tabletop). I've never won and often finish second.

This time was no exception. Played loose in the beginning when blinds are 25/50 and 50/100 and we start with 3000. Was never below 2000 and steadily built my stack. Later I slowplayed a flopped three of a kind, queens, and managed to knock one player out (but she made a rebuy).

Hoopla, I'm massive chip leader. With some variance, I have 10-15000 out of the approximately 23000 in circulation and lose quite a lot of it when I get pocket rockets, AA, and opponent Mr J follows me all the way to the river where he nails a diamond flush, the board was mostly rags. I shoulda coulda woulda gone all-in after the turn... Later he gets a seven-card straight! I flopped a pair of jacks, final board is K-high straight but he has A8.

Out of five players I yet again came in second and I'll never hear the end of it.

No comments: