Thursday, October 12, 2006

Back to school

I mentioned in the beginning of my überpost about my week in Vegas that I'm taking a university course - Applied English. It's nearing its end and after that there's the following course. Way back when I was a full time student I took the two first courses in that series. When I'm done (and have passed) these two I'm taking this semester I will have the equivalent of a whole semester of only university English.

Just some self-improvement. My thinking was the same as some years ago when I took a law course, two computer science courses and an economics course - since I work at a university (but not in an academic role, I'm a systems administrator), why not benefit from the opportunity and add to your competencies?

So the other day I sent in the application for two more courses next semester. "Web 2.0 in theory and practice" and a short law course "IT law".

As I'm writing this, I'm also playing poker at the Swedish state-run poker site. lol :) nh ty. Whereas the USian online poker players are in trouble from puritan political trickery.

2 comments:

Ignatious said...

the phrase 'uberpost' is copywrited by me.

how dare you. :)

Hyler said...

If you look closely, you will see that I actually have an umlaut over the u, making it German and not the Internet-speak "ooober".

You ignorant lout. :)