Sunday, March 18, 2007

Could work, could work...

I've made more attempts at the WSOP freerolls at Full Tilt Poker, as I've written about earlier.

Then I laid my eyes on another opportunity. From my January attempt at the Iron Man Challenge (where I in the end ended up in the money (a pittance) but did not win it going on to lots of money) I had a healthy supply of Full Tilt Points.

There's the Sunday $750000 Guarantee tournament. I made several attempts this weekend at satellite tournaments costing Full Tilt Points and...


  • Attempt 1: A 54-player Sit&Go tournament costing 50 points, with 1 prize. Eighth place.
  • Attempt 2: Same thing, 54 players, 50 points, 1 prize. Second place! But only one prize.
  • Attempt 3: 9 players, 300 points, 1 prize. Fourth place.
  • Attempt 4: 9 players, 300 points, 1 prize. Second place again.

Well, it's going well, but not well enough. Second place is best loser, especially when there's only one prize.

  • Attempt 5: 54 players, 50 points, 1 prize. First place, winner, da man, qualifier, entry gained.

Yes, finally went on! Practice makes perfect. IMHO, I must be doing something right.

On to what? Well, another satellite, but/and I like the odds. In the satellite (which you can buy in to directly for 2500 points), the final table, 9 players, go on to the big game. At least that what it looks like now, could be more places "paid" if more qualify for the satellite. Since I've gone far (but, alas, not far enough apparently) in other tournaments recently, I feel I have a shot. I don't have to win, just place high. Anyhoo, the big game I'm talking about is the $750000 Guarantee tournament (which you can buy in to directly for $500), and I like the numbers there as well. Last time I checked, 430 were already registered and 216 places were paid.

It's doable. Finishing "in the money" twice more today, and I have a shot at six figures. Or three. Last time I checked, first prize was $141000 and last ITM was $750. Anything is a plus for me, the low stakes dreamer.

Just don't play like a total donkey.

No comments: