Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Yay yay rawr!

After work today, we had a little "homegame" No-Limit Texas Hold'em tournament. Six participants, two places paid and a good time was had by all.

I was the only one who had much real experience playing and I mostly folded, folded, folded and watched them become committed to a pot and staying in with nothing. However, there were five other players and one cannot affect everything, so I at least came out with my ego intact at second place. We will play more.

By the way, this morning I was at the dentist sooner than I expected, they'd had an appointment cancelled and a spot open so I went there to get the dental work started. Had a deep cavity in one tooth filled (no root canal, phew!), almost an hour's work. Maybe the Novacaine stayed in an gave me a proper poker face?

Then I woke up. I then came home and saw that my discs had come.

Eighties sci-fi synth punk yay yay rawr! The Epoxies must have raided Devo's office or something and stolen purloined all their synthesizer settings. Their CD is the proper length. Eleven tracks, less than half an hour. Possibly they also stopped at an Irish pub after the raid on Devo's office.

Makes me want to get a Prodikeys and start keying.

\m/<^_^>\m/

Yay rawr!

No comments: