Thursday, August 04, 2005

Texas Neverwinem

Yet again our biweekly homegame tournament of NL Texas Holdem.

As I've repeatedly written here, I've never won and this time was no exception, it even went worse than usual, finishing last out of five players.

Turned a Queen-high flush of diamonds, bet and got an all-in that I called. There was a straight draw and a flush draw on the board and this player often uses bully tactics. Nope, he had the Ace of diamonds. Bye bye.

Some dramatic hands:

  • Player M, chip leader, versus player P. Player P goes all-in preflop, M calls. P has a pair of tens, M 45 suited. The first two cards of the flop are turned over and they're 4 and 5. Two pair for M! The third card is a ten! Trips, set, three-of-a-kind. No further help for M.
  • Final hand. P and M remaining, it's gone back and forth, M sometimes losing his big chip lead. The flop comes T, 7, 6 and P is all-in. M quickly calls. The cards are turned over and P had flopped a 6-T straight. M two pair, tens and sixes. Looks like P is going to win this, eh? Then M's tournament win is seriously in jeopardy.

    Nope. The turn is another six, giving M a full house and P is drawing dead. To add insult to injury, the river is the last six, giving M four of a kind. What are the odds?

Well, well, all in good fun but DANG!

I'm on a semi-hiatus from online poker, waiting for a reload bonus. I've "consumed" all my bonus money and winnings, the only thing I've gained is a poker table, a cap and a visor in merchandise. But as Mike says in that poker flick "You can't lose what you don't put in the middle. Can't win much either.". I've had a shot, at least, at bigger money since my strategy has been to grind out enough to go on to a Sit-and-Go, Steps/ladder games or multitable tournaments for bigger prize money. So for now I'm keeping my bankroll stashed. As I said, waiting for a reload or a really good deal, but I'm reluctant to start playing at yet another site so it'll have to be an excellent bonus wh*ring proposition.

No comments: