Sunday, September 12, 2004

Dead animals

More finds at the flea market today, I seem to have a knack for it. Maybe something I've inherited from my mother?

A small wooden chest that I just had to have even though it was kind of ugly, since it had the suits (♠ ♥ ♦ ♣) painted on the lid.

And a black (goatskin) leather jacket that was my size, goes down to the thighs, ain't that nice? Maybe it's been a police or guard jacket, because there's a reflecting stripe along the hemline and on the left upper arm there are stitchmarks from an emblem that's been removed.

I'll have to air it out, because it smells like it's been hanging in a murky damp cellar or attic for some years. I take it home and apply some leather cleaner and leather protection, and it looks rather nice.

Speaking of leather jackets, I picked up my other one this Friday that I'd left at a leatherworker to replace the collar that was starting to fall apart. Now I have two leather jackets that'll last me a lifetime. But, oh, I'd like a long leather coat too (the Matrix look). And a biker jacket.

Let's see, I could wear my lambskin gloves, the goatskin leather jacket plus belt and shoes probably made from cow. Must. Wear. Dead. Animals. Ug. Og. Eek. Ook.

But leather pants is a big no-no.

No comments: